If you require assistance after a road accident, this response will coordinated by Tasmania Police and Ambulance Tasmania.
If the situation is an emergency call 000 immediately and give as much information as possible.
Be sure to let emergency services know:
- The precise location of the incident;
- The phone number you are calling from;
- What happened;
- How many people are injured;
- The approximate age of those injured;
- If those injured are unconscious;
- The makes of the vehicles involved;
- Any other details the emergency service requests.
Follow the instructions offered by the emergency services until help arrives.
If the Westpac Rescue Helicopter is required, emergency services will coordinate this response.